Keeping Your Child Safe
•As an Ofsted registered nursery, we have a legal obligation to ensure that the children we look after are kept safe at all times in a secure environment. It’s something that parents certainly expect and one of the first questions that we get asked when people come to visit
• Should you need someone else to pick your child up, you must inform the nursery as soon as possible. Your authorised pickup person will need to give the nursery a description of your child, give us some form of identification that confirms their name and the password you have set with us as authorisation.
• Any visitor that is allowed into the nursery is always accompanied and will not have any unsupervised access to the children.
• Our rooms are designed to be child friendly and child safe and we always carry out a risk assessment when we take on new toys or educational equipment to make sure they are suitable for us to use in the nursery.
• All our staff are fully vetted with an enhanced criminal records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and have the appropriate nursery practitioner qualifications or are working towards them.
• Our staff are always updating their skills in respect of child protection issues and regularly monitor the children who attend the nursery.
If you have any questions about the level of security and any safety issues, we’re more than happy to answer your questions. You can book an appointment to take a closer look and see how we keep the children who attend One World Nurery safe. Contact us today to find out more.